Monday, June 9, 2008

Hey There Little Red Riding Hood


Let me take a moment to brag on my lovely wife (Ang) and wonderful sister (Shirt). They took a nice bike ride together this weekend as participants in the "Little Red Riding Hood" women-only ride. -With proceeds going to the Huntsman Cancer Institute.

This was the first organized ride for both of them. They froze in the low temps (around 39 degrees at some times) and even got hailed on. -But they managed to complete 36 miles as part of a team of four ladies. What's more, they will be riding later this month to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis (hopefully it will be a little warmer this time, since I will be joining them -I'm a wimp).


Way to go ladies!!

4 comments:

Camille said...

Way to go Shirt & Ang!! I have to say I'm impressed. (And I just realized I somehow didn't put your link on my blog. I have no idea how that happened because I go on your blog all the time. It's all fixed now. I bet it's Joel's fault. lol)

TeamGornold said...

whoa baby, alaska and I are tough puppies! i am (and always will be) so grateful so how wonderful alaska made my very first ride!
THANK YOU ALASKA!!! I really had a blast, and you are a fantastic motivator!
Love much!
Shirt

Bonnie said...

Ang and Shirt are so ambitious for riding 36 miles and for such a great cause, too.
Thanks guys

Nickie said...

Your babies are so stinking cute, I love them so much! I agree with Pat, that music is perfect for jellybean. Oh, I could just take her home with me! I love her. I love that Mash is in swimming lessons, I need to get my kidlets signed up for those.
I'm so excited we're gonna try to make Little Red a tradition and do it every year!
Again, I'm SOOOOO sorry about Monday night, I love you guys so much.
Loves!