Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Root root root for the home team....


I must admit that I have become a Mariners fan. It wasn't planned or anything, but when your son gets drafted for a team, you're sort of obliged to become a fan. I even rooted against the Cubs this week. Yes, even though the weather doesn't seem to cooperate, we are fully into baseball season here in these parts. Well, tee ball... but they do give the kids a chance to hit a pitch before they bring out the tee. I'm proud to say that the Dash has only needed the tee once, and I'm sure it was the pitcher's fault. Kid's got a good eye. What can I say?

This is the type of baseball I should have played as a kid. There are no outs, the inning is over after every kid on the team has had a chance to bat, and there are a lot of creative ways to get to whatever base you're running to. This includes sliding into first, passing your own teammates, and even running waaaaay out of the baseline and ending up somewhere in the outfield before being directed to your base. Then when the game ends, everyone gets a nice treat. I just may have excelled at this sport.I'm afraid that the cheer squad left a little something to be desired however:


She tries.

1 comment:

TeamGornold said...

what little athletes you have in your family! oh and congratulations to us for finally blogging! dash looks super cute in his baseball garb, and ave is the cutest cheerleader i have ever seen!