Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hooray! I did it!!!

Saturday was an epic day. Although I actually finished my schooling in October, the actual graduation ceremony didn't take place until this weekend. I nearly skipped it altogether, but I'm so glad we went . We had to get up a little earlier than normal for a Saturday, and schlepp ourselves down to Kingsbury Hall on the U campus. It was hectic, but completely worth it (Ang may not agree, since she was busy trying to rein the kids in). The ceremony was short, but dignified. Even though the degree was already hanging on my office wall, I feel a sense of completion at having gone through the ceremony. The Master's degree I earned months ago is now conferred on me and I have my closure. Really, it's worth it just to be able to say I did it!! Thanks to my awesome family for all of your support! Now maybe I'll wear the robe around for a few days, just to get my money's worth.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am very proud of you.

TeamGornold said...

congrats master duane! is that what you would like to be called from now on?
love you!

Nickie said...

Way to go mister college boy! That so rocks, and totally love the picture of you and Ang, you guys look so great together. I cannot tell you enough how much I love you two.
congratulations Don Juan!
Loves!!!