Sunday, January 31, 2010

Joseph William Sorenson



Born into the Lord's arms January 30, 2010

We had our hearts broken on Friday when we learned that our baby son, Joseph died in utero. Needless to say, we have had an extremely emotional time coming to terms with it. I didn't realize how full of hope I was for the future until the plans that felt so certain about were suddenly dashed to pieces. We went to the hospital Friday evening so that Angelyn could be induced to deliver. All night, she was attended to by nurses and pumped full of drugs with the end result of little Joe's arrival at exactly noon on Saturday. We got to spend a few precious hours with our little guy. Both Ang and I got to hold him, cry, and say goodbye to this perfect little boy who we will not get to know in this life.

We have both found strength that we didn't know we had in ourselves and in one another. -And in the moments when our strength was expended, we have been lifted up by our awesome family. Thank you, everyone for your support and compassion! Each of you has rallied around us and brought us peace in a moment when we have most needed it.

Joseph, we are so sad that we won't get to have you in our lives right now. We will miss the stunts you would have pulled, the messes you'd have made, and the sweet things you would have done or said. -But we are so grateful for the brief moment we had together, for a reminder of the power and strength of family and friends, and most of all for the peace we feel in knowing you are in God's arms now. We love you!

Sleep, pretty darling, do not cry.
And I will sing a lullaby.

5 comments:

TeamGornold said...

he is absolutely beautiful.

love you so much

Nickie said...

Oh, Dee and Ang, I wish I could be with you right now.
Please know I love you and pray for you and that you have been in my thoughts constantly the past 5 days.
I so love you guys, I am so sorry, sweet little Joe, I love that name.
Dee, what a sweet blog, you make me cry, what a beautiful boy.
All my love!

Camille said...

You are in my prayers constantly. I am so sorry. There are no words to say exactly how I feel for you guys. I loved that sweet little hand and that sweet little foot. I'm so glad you got to hold him. We are sending a hug full of love your way.

Bonnie said...

Tears are streaming down my face as I read your most poignant words so full of love and so eloquently expressed. Nothing I can say can adequately convey how sorry I am for you both. I loved seeing the photos of him and how his perfect little his feet and hands were smaller than end of your finger.
I love you all so much.

bebe said...

I love you guys so much. Joe is such an image of perfection... right down to the tips of his fingers. Thank you for posting this to give us all a feeling of connection to him and a sense of closure. It is so healing to have you share this experience... for all of us.